Sunday, April 02, 2006

Updog - Part 08 (Smells Like Teen Updog)
















Well, well. Guess who isn’t ashamed of his piece anymore!

That’s right. It’s me! How’d you guess? You’re so good at this game.

It was another three-day work week so I could jam on my piece for another set of three and a half marathon days. This time it was a completely different story. Everything was clicking, Batman. I was getting my arcs shaped up. BAM! I was getting much better weight on things, POW! And I resolved all of the little timing problems, CRUNCHHHH! Things just went smooth as all get out and thank the cartoon gods for that as I had a TON of work left to do.

There isn’t a single piece of this that didn’t get a major reworking, save for the shoulder slap. I reworked the weight and timing of Beige’s entire beginning part. Reworked the leap over a bit as well. Fixed some of the stepping towards the end. The hands, the arcs, it was all flying together like gangbusters.

All of that amounted to a huge shot in the arm of Vitamin Confidence and by the end of the week, I was grinning ear to ear again as I worked. So my faith was shaken, rattled, tested even, but not completely blasted out of existence with my ability to animate. I’ll figure this stuff out yet. I know I will.
So it’s almost done, but not quite. I still haven’t tracked all of my arcs yet or shaped my eyelids yet. There are also a few ins and outs that need tweaking. But all and all, I’m liking it again. Perhaps if I feel bold, I will give each of them a tie to show what little professionals they’re supposed to be. And give them a proper office. And render it. Ok ok! Lay off me, will ‘ya?

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian "My Fault" Nicolucci said...

Rock and roll Todd this turned out beatifully. I especially like how you have some very subtle bits like when he fidgets with the nug an dthen some HUGE broad moments. Is there anything you can't do? I say, NO!

Wooo!!

12:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.