Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Secrets - Part 07 (Beating a Horse Dead)
















Click above for animation. Bigger than either of us like.

So did you miss me? For the first week I missed a blog post since I’ve started blogging and that is actually an apt indicator for how ungodly busy I’ve been over the last few weeks. I’ve working at my J.O.B, been putting out a few feelers for jobs since I anticipate quite possibly being on the unemployed line (or couch) by the end of this month and trying to step up my participation in planning my wedding. So what’s been happening with my AM schooling, you may ask? Don’t you want to ask? Fine don’t ask, see what I care.

Oh let’s not fight. You know I can’t stay mad at you.

As it turned out, two weeks ago JasonS was having some computer issues, as are known to happen at the least convenient times and got the crits to us a little later than he would have preferred, but still got them through by Thursday morning. Gladly, I had plans to leave town for the weekend so, sadly, I didn’t have much more time that Thursday day to finish up that week’s effort. But the notes on the shot were pretty minimal so I was able to address them in time and post on Friday evening.

Which brings us to last week when I got even more great notes back on the piece and attempted to address them for the “final” shot this week. Can’t say that I’m supper happy with this piece yet, but it seems to have its plusses. I’m going to take one more go at it and then get some space. I tried to give certain movements of hers more weight, like when she slumps back into the chair, but it seemed to throw off the tempo a touch. I’m not sure I can offer you much insight into what I’m thinking on this piece right now. I think I’m at full saturation and when I give this piece the slightest glance my brain goes all wet noodle on me.

I can tell you that I spent a good amount of time shaping her eyelids and that was the first time I found anything in the process of creating this whole piece to be tedious. I have no idea if I’m doing it “correctly” as well. But I do like having the time to put so much attention to detail, something that doesn’t happen in my workplace nearly enough due to understandable budget and scheduling constraints. So step through it with your arrow keys, dear reader, and notice how her pupils exert the slightest influence of how the lid is shaped. Gasp at how detailed animation can be. Awe at the rivers of patience that pre-requisite such an undertaking. Behold the mightiness of my subliminally noticeable subterfuge.

Meanwhile, I am going to move forward on blocking a new shot in the next week that will take me through the end of this semester. The focus is on creating a multi-character shot, so two characters this time, not one talking to disembodied voice off screen. I have the amazingly daunting task of picking out an audio clip to live with for the duration of the project. Something that drives me crazy with second guessing choices, strategizing demo reels and twirling around in place going dee dee dee laa laa weeeeee, phbbbbbt snort.

Hopefully, I will choose wisely.

1 Comments:

Blogger anthea said...

really great work here, this piece is looking final to me. maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to get some time away from it for a while. it's hard to stare at the same animation for months and months at a time. good luck with the 2 character assignment, I would love to hear your audio choices.

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.