Saturday, January 14, 2006

Honey I'm home!

Did you miss me? AnimationMentor.com's Term 4 : Advanced Acting Techniques began this week. I got a great mentor (again) and I am really looking forward to the next three months. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce, Mr. Jason Schleifer! *insert fanfare here*



clicky clicky to see whatup in Jason's world


Jason was hired onto New Zealand’s very own WETA as a character rigger for Lord of the Rings. By the third installment of the trilogy, he had moved up to character animator and brought us all the joy and magic of watching Gollum trick us all into believing that
1. even creatures from retched swamps have goals
2. big eyes can still tug on the heart-strings even if they are on toad-esque things, and that
3. in the end, drug addicts really can’t change.

And as if that wasn’t enough, he’s worked on Madagascar and the newest Shrek movie. Not only is he amazingly active in contributing significantly to the online 3d community, turns out he’s a hell of a nice guy to boot, but of course I’m saying that before receiving my first grade, so I will keep you posted.

The other big news about school is that the entire site has been revamped and affectionately named “v2.” It works loads better than before. AnimationMentor.com’s public page has gotten a face-lift as well and even has some students work on it, which sadly, I’m not a part of, but happily, everyone who was chosen is more than deserving. “Climb the ladder, Monty.”

Well, I’m just trying to get back in the swing of things this week. I forget how difficult this school/working business is whenever I get back from a break, but I’m settling down. Turns out, I may be unemployed next month. That would give me all the time in the world for school, but very little else to fill the massive void that is my stomach. It may be time to dust off the old resume and see if I can’t pick up night work as a garbage man.

Thanks, once again, for your interest.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimotion said...

Or a mailroom clerk like me :-D

3:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.