Thursday, November 24, 2005

Secrets - Part 03 (Dude! Where's My School?)
















for best results, click picture, watch animation, repeat. 5 mb or so.

Hello all, strange week we are having, isn't it? It's a three day work/school week for me, blissfully, thankfully, mercifully due to Thanksgiving. That's enough to be thankful for right there. My cornicopia runneth over. Now buckle my shoes, you musket-toting freak.

I got some time in on the assignment this week, again not as much as normal, but since I've been doing alright on the productivity front, it's not such a worry as I would have thought. I got the mouth sync'ed up sort of. It has some chatter bits during the last line of dialogue. Oh how I miss my phoneme shapes! It made faking hiting every syllable so much easier. I think it was much more believable if you could really nail an "ooooooh" shape then you could muddle through the quick talking bits and no one gives you the microscope. But this muppet mouth business, well, it's harder than making the phonetic shapes. I will play with it some more next week to be sure. My arcs still suck, but they are better than ever. I'm still not on curvy-type splines. I'm doing the DaveB method of using only linear splines and making the curves by hand. I won't last till the end like this, I can assure you, but I'm pushing it and myself to see what happens when I take it to the Xtr3me. I just can't resist a bit of leet now and again. Ok, that has passed.

I owe my former mentor a cd. I told him I was going to send him a little something something and haven't yet. He probably hates me, dont' hate me Dougy. I have the cd burned, the cover printed, but no assembly yet. Where's China when you need it? I could use me some china.

AnimationMentor is down temporarily, something I never considered when signing up for an online school. In typical fashion, the support staff at AM are right on it, sending out emails and posting in the forums even before I have time to panic. They are very close to launching V2.0 of the website and school. Perhaps this was a player in the technical difficulties they are having over there. Anyhoo, the long and short of it is that school is going to be extended a week, fine by me. One more week to bang on this piece. That makes two, count 'em, two weeks to go before I need to have it finished. Cross my fingers and dot my eyes, I hope I can get it done.

Thanks for poking around. Now get lost, will ya?

1 Comments:

Blogger timeless said...

I really like the message behind your short. After reading this little bio, it sounds like it might be a parallel. I am accepted to start AM this winter. I have seen many wip for final shorts, but yours in particular spoke to me. I am going to be linking to it from my own blog, I hope that is ok.

It would be cool to pick your brain, contact me if you get a chance.

11:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

This site is a member of WebRing.
To browse visit Here.